If you have lost your pet, please do this immediately:
- File a lost report with the Shelter. You may do this by calling 505.983.4309 x1606 or visiting the Shelter in person.
- Post a photo and description of your pet on the Santa Fe Lost Pet website or on their Facebook page.
- Canvas your neighborhood. Visit your neighbors and put up posters. Use this link to create a poster.
- Put a “Lost Pet” ad in the Santa Fe Scoop, Craigslist, and the Reporter. (Online sites are usually free.)
- Call the Shelter often to see if your animal is here. Realize, though, that we make no guarantee that we can identify your pet from the description given. It is best to visit in person.
- View lost/found pets on our website by following these links. The website is updated several times each day. Again, do not rely on these postings alone. Please continue to call and visit the shelter regularly.
You can find additional tips on looking for lost pets here.
If you have found a pet, please call our Admissions staff at 505.983.4309 x1606. The Santa Fe Animal Shelter accepts all companion animals from Santa Fe County under its managed-admissions program. Additional information about bringing in an animal can be found here.