Thanks to our supporters, in 2017 we:
- took in 5,063 animals in need.
- found new homes for 2,877 animals.
- returned 1,140 lost animals to their homes.
- gave 179 animals a second chance with our Shelter partners.
- sent 869 animals to temporary foster homes.
- spayed or neutered 5,661 animals.
Our Live Release Rate is currently at 94.2 percent.
The Santa Fe Animal Shelter receives no direct city, state or federal funding.
While our resale stores and medical facilities provide some revenue, the majority of our annual budget is raised through contributions from individuals, businesses, and foundations. Private donations have made it possible for the Santa Fe Animal Shelter to successfully meet the needs of homeless pets and pet owners. Every contribution makes a difference and is carefully used to better the lives of animals in our Shelter and our community.
Our financial statements are audited yearly by an independent CPA firm:
- 2012 Form 990
- 2012 Audited Financials
- 2013 Form 990
- 2013 Audited Financials
- 2014 Form 990
- 2014 Audited Financials
- 2015 Form 990
- 2015 Audited Financials
- 2016 Form 990
- 2016 Audited Financials