The Santa Fe Animal Shelter believes that every animal deserves the best care possible, regardless of circumstances. We have 3 veterinary facilities to ensure we can address a wide variety of needs:
Clare Eddy Thaw Animal Hospital:
- Located on the shelter campus at 100 Caja del Rio Rd, this full-service small animal veterinary hospital serves companion animals of the general public. Open Monday–Friday, by appointment only. Click here for more information on Thaw Animal Hospital. Phone: 505.983.2755.
- For information on Cremation Services for already deceased companion pets, please click here.
Spay/Neuter & Wellness Clinic:
- Located at 2570-B Camino Entrada, this clinic offers low-cost, high-quality spay/neuter surgery and vaccination programs to help ensure fewer unwanted puppies and kittens, and to help the overall health of the animals. Several programs, including Gatos de Santa Fe, help support our efforts to reduce animal overpopulation through low-cost or no-fee altering. Click here for more information.
- Open Tuesday – Friday, by appointment only. Phone: 505.474.6422.
- Located on the shelter campus at 100 Caja del Rio Rd, this behind-the-scenes clinic provides medical care for all of our injured, homeless and unwanted animals. Every animal that enters the shelter receives a physical exam, appropriate vaccines, and spay/neuter surgery prior to adoption.
Veterinary Students: find info about our Veterinary Student Externship Program here.
Looking for pet licenses? Find those here.